Monday, May 10, 2004

I will not obsess

There are many blessings about this journal, and one is that I don't know how to insert an audio link here. If I did, you'd hear a warbly, painful rendition of "any day now........." It would be ugly. Very, very ugly.

I remember fondly, that period of time when I thought that trying to make a baby just meant lots and lots of sex. How bad could that be?

Now, I think maybe I know too much. Basal body temperature, cervical fluid, cervical position, sexual position, ovulation, implantation, etc.......I think I might be armed with too much information. If knowledge is power, I am She-Ra and Wonder Woman combined, maybe with a little of Jem's rocking power for good measure.

Any day now, I'm going to ovulate.... Okay, so technically it will likely be in about a week. This month, I have decided to take the casual observer approach. (insert hysterical laughter here) No really, hee hee, I'm going to pay attention to what my body is doing but I refuse to obsess about it. I've got someone else to do that for me. My coordinator for the PCOS study checks the results of my progesterone test each week to see if I ovulated, and is emailing me to ask about questions, symptoms, feelings, twinges, etc. It's damn funny. Especially when she asks me when the last time was I had sex.

I don't have to obsess, I've got someone to do it for me. Should have hired her months ago!

No comments: