Thursday, May 13, 2004

Prayers for my Brother

My heart aches and I don't know how to fix it. My brother is in mortal danger and there's nothing I can do. He's left my parents' home, striking it out on his own and though his intention are as always good, he's hanging out with people who are trouble. He's trying so hard to be liked and wanted that I'm afraid he'll get himself killed. There are drugs involved, though he says he's only using occasionally and doesn't need it like they do.

I see fear in his eyes, and the weight he's lost. He confides in our sister, his twin, that it isn't due to drug use....he's only used once in the last month, but because he really isn't eating as much as he should and he's working a lot.

I'm terrified. He often speaks before thinking, and that type of behavior could get him hurt. He gets in fights. My sister is moving into an apartment this weekend and he's asked if he can stay with her for a while, to have a safe, steady place to crash. I pray that this works out. I pray that he stays away from these temptations.

I pray, I pray, I pray.

No comments: