Thursday, May 6, 2004

Temper Tantrum

One day my friend C. sat down, finals-weary in college, in the middle of the grocery store to sing "nobody loves me, everybody hates me, guess I'd better go eat worms." I had a similar meltdown the same semester, but her story is so much cooler.

I feel like that right now. Not the nobody loves me part, but I do feel a bit like throwing myself down on the ground, kicking, screaming and crying. Give me 30 seconds and I'll give you one good, old-fashioned temper tantrum. Sometimes I think those 2 year olds who throw themselves down and cry until there are no tears left.....they might just be on to something. I feel so much better after.

There's nothing wrong. I'm fine, really....that's the strange part. I'm hoping its just the clomid. I don't really know because I'm not supposed to know if I'm taking clomid or not. (part of a study, yada yada). I've taken clomid twice before. Once with a similar mood swing, and I ovulated that cycle...once without. I recall it fondly, that meltdown, standing in my hallway fresh out of the bathroom... crying uncontrollably telling my husband that I felt like taking meds made it official that we were trying, really trying, which meant we could fail, really fail.......and there I'd be.......lost because I hitched my dreams to a falling star.

So, though I feel emotional, hormonal, psychotic and strange.....suddenly I'm hoping that this just means that YES, I got the clomid. And, now that I've said all this......I feel better.

Catch a falling star an' put it in your pocket,
Never let it fade away!
Catch a falling star an' put it in your pocket,
Save it for a rainy day!
For love may come an' tap you on the shoulder,
Some star-less night!
Just in case you feel you wanna' hold her,
You'll have a pocketful of starlight!

No comments: